DELIVERY AND RETURNS
We deliver to residential or business addresses. Regrettably we are unable to deliver/collect from Chain Stores/Farms/Embassies.
As a rule of thumb and in order to minimize sots and ageing stock, The Security Man prefers to keep items in stock that are sold on a regular basis. If an item is not in stock, The Security Man will order the item from our suppliers once the order have been placed and paid for.
Your order should be dispatched between one (1) and three (3) business days after payment confirmation has been received and when full payment reflects in our bank account.
Door-to-Door: The Courier Guy
Please note: The Door-to-door option does not deliver to PO Boxes. Should you require a Door-to-Door delivery please provide a Street Address during checkout.
The courier charges are automatically calculated by our system and the charge will be added to your quote.
The following delivery options are available:
- Economy Road (ECO):
- When selecting this option, your order will be delivered within 2-3 business days after the order is dispatched.
- These courier charges are calculated at a flat fee. When the order weighs 15 to 25kg, a different flat rate will be used. Thereafter, a fixed amount per kilogram will be charged.
- Overnight Courier (OVN):
- When selecting this option, your order will be delivered by 11:00 the following morning once the order is dispatched. Please note that this rule is only applicable when the order is dispatched.
- The courier charges are calculated on a flat fee for the first 2kg. Thereafter a fixed rate per kilogram will be applied.
- Please note that this is an expensive form of courier service and we only recommend that you choose this option if it is a small order (weighing less than 2kg).
These delivery times are under the assumption that your order is going to a major city. Should your order be going to a regional city then delays might happen. You are welcome to check if your city is a major / regional city through The Courier Guy website.
The Security Man reserves the right to make changes to the courier charges calculated by the system. We will notify you when these changes have been made and The Security Man will provide an updated quote.
We currently do not ship to remote locations such as farms and mines.
ADDITIONAL DELIVERY INFORMATION
When ordering an alarm system together with programming of the alarm system, the dispatch time will increase. The Security Man will provide you with the extended delivery time of the applicable order as this is dependent on the size and specifications of the alarm system.
By default, all orders do not carry delivery insurance. Should you require delivery insurance, a fee of 2% of the ordered value will be added to your order. This fee is payable by yourself. Insurance does not cover glass items, second hand items, artwork, ceramic, porcelain or cosmetics.
COOLING OFF PERIOD
In accordance with Section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECT Act”) you are entitled to cancel your purchase within seven (7) calendar days after date of receipt of the good(s) and obtain a full refund (excluding the courier fees).
There are some exceptions to the “cooling off” period (Section 42.2 of the ECT Act). These exceptions include the following products in respect of which NO cooling off period shall apply:
- Computer software which have been opened/ seals broken
- Consumables which have been opened/ seals broken
- Products which by reason of their nature cannot be returned (including electronic vouchers) due to the fact that the security seal was tampered with and/or the product has been used.
Products which are not defective or damaged, but which you want to return for whatever reason, must be returned within seven (7) calendar days from date of invoice. The product(s) must be returned to our door.
PRODUCTS FOR WHICH NO REFUND WILL BE PROVIDED
The following products won’t be refunded under any circumstances:
- Any form of cables
Should an opened/un-sealed product be returned, a 20% handling fee will be charged. The product(s) also needs to be in a resalable condition. Products that are returned with missing items (such as manuals, warranty cards, accessories and other materials belong to that item) will not be credited/ refunded. It is at our sole discretion to pass credit/refund if an opened/un-sealed is returned to us.
Software will only be credited/refunded if the packaging is unopened/seals unbroken and accompanied by a police affidavit.
In both COOLING OFF PERIOD and NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS, the products must be returned within seven (7) calendar days (to our door). All products must be returned to The Security Man in their original packaging. The cost of returning the products will be solely at your expense. Should a product be damaged while in transit to The Security Man, we will not be liable for the damage nor will The Security Man be able to credit/refund you.
DEFECTIVE / DAMAGED / UNSUITABLE PRODUCTS
Warranty is provided in accordance with the respective supplier / manufacturer. Under most circumstances, the warranty is six (6) months. This may however be different depending on the type of product.
If you find that your product is defective/faulty or unsuitable for the purpose indicated in the product description (in summary “Defective”) and within six (6) months from date of invoice, please notify The Security Man via email of the problem you are experiencing. Once we have received your email we will arrange to have the product returned to us (at our expense).
If the product is found to be defective, you are entitled to either:
- Have the product repaired or replaced; or
- Be fully refunded (less the delivery costs incurred by us).
Should you wish to have the product repaired or replaced, we will return the repaired/replaced product to you at our expense (assuming your purchase was originally for delivery).
Software and consumables that is found to be defective will NOT be entitled to a refund/credit. They will only be replaced with the same product.
If the product is found not to be defective, you will be liable for the costs incurred in having the product returned to The Security Man and then re-delivered to you.
Please note the following issues/problems will not render the product defective and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refunds:
- Faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- Physical damage to the product;
- When you, or someone unauthorised by The Security Man, has altered, damaged or removed the warranty seal(s) and/or screw(s);
- Hardware or software (including operating systems, applications, games, etc) that is not compatible with your system and/or existing hardware;
- Photographic equipment which shows evidence of impact, sand, liquid or moisture damage, dropping, mishandling or tampering, battery or chemical corrosion, damage caused by connected equipment or used contrary to the applicable instruction manual.
If you find that your product is defective after six (6) months from date of invoice and within the manufacturer warranty, you can arrange to have this product returned to The Security Man (at your expense) by notifying us via email.
If the product is found to be defective, The Security Man will either:
- Replace the product with either a new or refurbished product; or
- Repair the product; or
- Credit the product.
Should the product no longer be sold, you will have the option to either:
- Replace the product with another product (fees may apply); or
- Have the product credited. You will be credited the last list price (if lower than your original purchase price) and/or with a fair usage charge (i.e the time period of which the product was used).
Assessments and repairs are carried out by the approved repair centres and may take up to 6 weeks.
The final decision on the status of “defective” products is made by the supplier/manufacture.