IP/GSM Radio with a 24/7 NATIONAL Control Room
Ever wondered if there is a two-way radio solution that has no boundaries as to where the radio can be used? Ever thought that there would be a solution that provides a two-way radio that can be used anywhere in South Africa and that is linked to a 24/7 National Control Room?
The Security Man introduces our NATIONAL Radio Control Room. Communication when you need it the most!!!
How does it work?
Each radio group (from two to thousands of people) has its own private channel, a channel on which the national control room can be contacted and also a channel to which all groups in your area can be notified in case of emergency. The radio can therefore be used for private communication on a daily basis as well as communication when you are in an emergency situation.
A minimum of three channels are programmed onto the radio:
- Channel 1 - Local Emergency Channel: any emergency within your local community are broadcasted onto the Local Emergency Channel. This channel are then used for the people of the local community to communicate during the emergency that they are facing;
- Channel 2 to 15 - Private Channel(s): this channel(s) is used for daily communication between your family, workers etc. The number of private channels is dependable on your needs as a customer and are programmed accordingly;
- Channel 16 - the 24/7 National Control Room: this channel is used to report any emergency situations that require immediate assistance.
The radio are also equipped with a friends setting. This enables us to add any of the current radios within the database to your radio as a friend, enabling you to communicate with any person that is not included within your personal channel(s).
How does it work in the case of an emergency?
- In the case of an emergency, turn your radio to Channel 16.
- You can then report your emergency to one of our qualified personnel who will then be able to assist you according to the situation at hand.
- If need be, the NATIONAL Control Room can track your radio through its GPS tracking system in real-time. This location can then be distributed if the emergency situation requires the location to be distributed.
- A "Broadcast" is then sent to the relevant Local Emergency Channel from the NATIONAL Control Room software. The message is then broadcasted to the radio's within the relevant group. The following will happen when the message is broadcasted:
- The message will be received by all of the radio's than are programmed on the relevant local emergency channel;
- All of the radio's will received the broadcast regardless of their current channel or if the person are in a current conversation (the current conversation will be stopped for the message to be broadcasted.
- The message will prompt the person to switch to the Local Emergency Channel (Channel 1) where further communication will be taking place with regards to the emergency at hand.
Depending on the type of emergency at hand, the following can be done by the NATIONAL Control Room:
- Temporary groups can be set up - this can be used if there are people from different Local Emergency Channels that are assisting on the same emergency at hand;
- A specific radio can be removed from the Local Emergency Group - this can be used in a hostage etc. situation where the suspects should not be able to follow the communication on the Local Emergency Channel.
Are there any limitations with regards to where the radio can be used?
The radio can be used anywhere in South Africa without the need for repeaters of a dedicated frequency
Planning on going on an international vacation? Just contact us and we will ensure that the radio is activated for roaming services.
As a conclusion...
The radio can be used on a daily basis, but in the case on an emergency you know that there is always someone that can provide immediate assistance you when you need it the most.
For more information:
To obtain information about this service, please fill in the form below and we will get back to you: